Starting Friday, Nov. 4 at 9:30am our new Friday Morning Women’s Bible Study series will be, “It’s Not Supposed To Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered” by Lysa TerKeurst.
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times bestselling author of “Uninvited.”
It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way will take us on a journey through scripture that proves that in the midst of disappointments, God is still good.
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
So what do you do when God’s timing seems questionable, his lack of intervention hurtful, and his promises doubtful?
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she’s also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God.
With vulnerability and honest humor, she helps us:
- Learn how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of remaining trustful when God seems to give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us for what’s next.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God’s truth.
- The Birthplace of Disappointment
- Living Between Two Gardens
- Problems Placed On Us and Problems Within Us
- The Four Steps of Restoration
- When the Enemy Comes Against Us
- Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused
In this six-session video Bible study, Lysa TerKeurst offers fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations and life-giving perspectives for living in between Eden and eternity.
Contact the church office with questions.